Temporary Permits

A Temporary Trip Permit will be given to vehicles instead of IRP plates for traveling within Connecticut. Fees for obtaining a temporary Connecticut trip permit is $42 and is valid for 72 hours. You can obtain this temporary permit through a permitting service with some additional charges.

If you are about to travel for a few days in Connecticut, then you can obtain a 10-day temporary fuel permit by paying $25. A Hunter Permit is also available for those operating unladen and not transferable.